(Source: Descartes Systems website: A short animation detailing how shippers, manufacturers, retailers and compliance professionals are better communicating, reducing duty spend discovering a better way to work with Descartes Customs Info Manager.tion: Descartes Customs Info™ Manager)
For The Global Trade Community
Descartes Presents Great Values using Customs Info DB including Cargo Classification to Security Compliance
A Powerful, Web-based, Item Classification and Customs Data Management Workbench
To see this animation, please click the image
View a short animation that details how shippers, manufacturers, retailers and compliance professionals are better communicating, reducing duty spend discovering a better way to work with Descartes Customs Info Manager. Our duty management software solution can easily build detailed trade databases and coordinate complex item classification from a robust, web-based platform
With global trade regulations on the rise, effective management of item classification and trade-related data can be challenging. Shippers, manufacturers, retailers and compliance professionals must maintain vast amounts of classification information. Leading businesses have discovered a better way to work with Descartes Customs Info™ Manager, a powerful, web-based, item classification and data management workbench. Descartes Customs Info Manager can easily build detailed trade databases and coordinate complex item classification.
The solution provides:
- Rapid global item classification and duty management
- Customizable fields and options
- A comprehensive audit trail
- Document storage and management
- Multiple language options
- Schedule-B data
- Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) management
- Other government agency data
- And much more
As a leading customs data management solution, Descartes Customs Info Manager can also gather trade details from external parties as well as validate, communicate and standardize item classification within internal operations. In addition, our powerful HS Mapping functionality can speed classification for multiple countries with little effort and help businesses keep pace with expansion.
The Re-Validator tool can rapidly adapt to World Customs Organization (WCO) updates and regulatory advancements. The solution automatically notifies and directs companies to HS revisions that impact their items. Using our Global Update feature, it’s easy to deploy a range of classification changes with a click. Quickly assign updates to multiple product lines, countries, business units and more.
Descartes Customs Info Manager can seamlessly populate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle OTM, SAP GTS, ecommerce platforms and other technology. With the combined features of Descartes Customs Info Manager, businesses can classify products up to six times faster than with manual processes.
Contact us today to learn more about Descartes Customs Info Manager or our other global trade data solutions. Descartes Global Trade Content, Uniting Systems and People with Trade Information.
Descartes Customs Info™ Manager
Tariff & Classification Software Down to the SKU, Part or Item Level
Many logistics-oriented businesses find it challenging to manage large and complex global trade databases as their business expands. Beyond the constant evolution of regulations, business units and locations often work independently with limited collaboration or oversight. Market leaders are discovering a better way to work with Descartes Customs Info™ Manager, a powerful, collaborative, customizable Software as a Service (SaaS) solution to manage compliance down to the SKU, part or item level.
Descartes Customs Info Manager is a Harmonized System (HS) classification software workbench that unites various business components together on one common platform. With better processes in place, companies are able to ensure a more successful trade content management strategy and better demonstrate reasonable care.
Descartes Customs Info Manager was built to manage trade content by incorporating the four pillars of successful trade content management, including:
Data Integrity – The same information that powers Descartes Customs Info™ Reference subscription service also populates the Descartes Customs Info Manager. Our data engine is continually populated with updated trade information as reviewed by our staff of world-class compliance professionals. A series of validations, checks and balances also helps to ensure data accuracy and add to overall compliance levels.
Audit Trail & Oversight Tools – An electronic audit trail provides automatic recordkeeping of each step in the workflow process for every global business unit. This comprehensive oversight functionality helps businesses demonstrate that they meet or exceeding the reasonable care standards of customs authorities. A standardized workflow also enables enterprise‐wide process controls and helps measure and evaluate the performance of staff or authorized third-party service providers working within the system.
Collaboration – Descartes Customs Info Manager helps organizations manage both large and small Tariff classification projects across geographically dispersed organizations. Role- and permission-based data controls integrated into workflow process can be tailored to match organizational and procedural specifications. With more collaborative processes in place, companies can build a more accurate “version of the truth” for improved overall compliance.
Flexibility– While many rules and regulations are standardized, each industry has its own challenges and requirements. Descartes Customs Info Manager helps fulfill the industry’s need for flexibility with configurable workflows, tables, fields, dropdown menus, languages and many other options. With more meaningful data captured and stored, businesses are better able to derive maximum benefit from the powerful tools within the application. From
- Advanced reporting capabilities provide key metrics and analysis
- An administrative panel quickly defines workflow processes and permission levels
- Quickly jump to Descartes Customs Info Reference solution to help maintain context and focus
- Customizable fields are configurable to each company’s specific business needs
- Users can post comments, ask questions, layer-on supporting documentation and more to improve communication and add to data quality
- Easily search and map Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) codes beginning with the first 6 initial digits to match related codes among multiple countries
- A separate SQL database for each client means each client’s data is secure
- Quickly add or view supporting information, such as:
- – The General Rules of Interpretation (GRIs)
- – Other Government Agency (OGA)/Partner Government Agency (PGA) information
- – Anti-dumping (AD) and Countervailing duties (CVD) cases
- – Duty Rates
- – Trade Agreements
- – Documents/Comments
- – And more
- A SaaS architecture means reduced IT expenditure and initial cost outlay
- Quick implementation and on-boarding with an experienced integration and data configuration team
- Flexible options to upload data via delimited text files or Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Improve efficiency and productivity by leveraging a single point-of-access
- Minimize trade barriers with a vast database of regulations, rulings, duties and more
- Better support overall compliance through advanced research and information
- Reduce the risk of errors, delays and possible penalties